|Vessel Name:||USS Goddard|
- USS Goddard, NCC-59621; Korolev-class starship destroyed in 2368 in action against the Klingon Empire.
- USS Goddard, NCC-85818; Typhon-class carrier. Active.
Origins of the NameEdit
The USS Goddard is named in honor of American professor Robert H. Goddard, who was also a physicist and inventor who is credited with creating and building of Earth's first liquid-fueld rocket. He's often reffered to as the "Father of Modern Rocketry".
The hull and keel of the Goddard was officially laid in 2375 when Starfleet authorized the construction of twenty five Typhon-class Carriers. The Goddard herself is the 18th of such ships to be constructed and commissioned in the NCC-85800 series.
The Goddard was constructed for extended border patrol operations, intended to guard large expanses of the Federation Border with minimal fleet support.
- 2375 - Construction Authorized. Keel Plates laid down at Utopia Planitia.
- 2379 - Shakedown Cruise.
- 2380 - Official Launch.
- 2385 - 5-year Refit Check.
- 2387 - Involved in the Battle of D'Korin
"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow." -Robert H. Goddard, June 1904.
- 26 Decks
- Multiple Pulse Phaser Turrets
- Multiple Quantum Torpedo Launchers
- Carries 64 Fighter/Bomber Craft arranged into 8 Squadrons. (8 Craft per Squadron)
- Carries an additional 86 support craft in various sizes and functions.
- 300 Officers
- 250 Warrant Officers
- 1500 Enlisted Personnel
- 440 Personnel detatched from above numbers and assigned to the Fighter/Bomber Group.